MaxArc – Archiving Solution for IBM Maximo
Run your Maximo environment better, faster and reduce your cost of operations. Envision’s MaxArc – data archiving add-on for IBM Maximo, gives the power of archiving while being able to access historical data for reporting and analytics. Our unique solution architecture will give you enormous flexibility in archiving the data as per your needs.
Overview of MaxArc
Maximo Data Archiving is the process of moving data that is no longer actively used to a separate data storage device for long-term retention. Data archive consists of older data that is still important and necessary for future reference, as well as data that must be retained for regulatory compliance.
Business objects that are typically high-growth objects collect quantities of data over time. Much of that data is historical data and is not needed for day-to-day business operations. It is important to devise a business strategy before archiving the data.
Data archives are often confused with data backups, which are copies of data. Data backups are used to restore data in case it is corrupted or destroyed. In contrast, data archives protect older information that is not needed for everyday operations but may occasionally need to be accessed.
Functions and Features:
MaxArc is the most unique, versatile and ideal solution for archiving. Some of its functions and features are:
- Archive, manage and retain application data in context with related metadata.
- Transactional objects like Work Order, Service Request, Purchase Order, Purchase Requisition, Request for Quotation, Contracts and Invoice (related objects can be archived) data can be archived/retrieved.
- Master objects (related to Maser data) can be archived by user section objects snap and will be maintained in the Archive database. Ex: Asset, Location, Meter, Item, Inventory, Failure Codes, Person Etc.
- Connect Maximo Analytical Reports to Archival DB for analysis (on requirement basis for selected reports).
- Select the desired Maximo data and date ranges or any valid SQL clause to be archived.
- Associated Maximo records are dynamically identified for inclusion. Custom data objects you may have added to Maximo can also be included.
- Record keys are checked to ensure a complete backup.
- Control archival access/privileges based on Maximo security group configuration.
- Archive inactive data and audit trails on requirement basis.
- Workflow process for approving the archival procedure.
- Configurable UI to select objects to be archived.
- Retains database schema intact in Maximo defined structure.
- Maintains archival history.
- Retrieval feature for archived data.
- Purging feature for inactive sites or organizations.
- Configure Maximo to run reports on both the databases with minimal configuration.
- Smart search functionality with an ability to search for records from live and archive database.
Some of the key benefits when you implement MaxArc are:
- Maximizes Maximo performance by removing historical data.
- Improve system and database performance by archiving old data.
- Comply with corporate and regulatory requirements for record retention.
- Retain archived data for future reporting needs.
- Easy to use user interface.
- Historical analysis of the Archival and Retrieval process.
- Respond to audit and discovery requests with easy access to archived data.
- Can run reports from your production instance to view the archival data as well.